Sunday, January 29, 2012

The CARLYLE and RENAISSANCE at The MET

  Took a trip up to the Metropolitan Museum of Art today. The World's Greatest Museum. "No Question." don't you agree? Well! There are always 3 or 4 Special Shows going on along of course with the vast permanent collection. The show I went to see today was of Renaissance Portraits. And what a show it was, with more pieces than I would have expected and more of one great artist in particular "Botticelli" the great Florentine with such Gorgeous works as Primavera and of course
The Birth of Venus. There were quite a number of Botticelli's in the show, as well as a number of Bellini's and I spotted a Carpaccio. The show was very enjoyable, but enjoyed even more some of my favorites in the museum after I went trhough the Renaissance Show, I browsed a few Caravaggio's,  a couple La Cranche's, some Titian's, Tintoretto's, El Greco's, Canaletto's (scenes of Venice) and even a couple famed Violin's of The Greatest Violin Maker Ever, Antonio Stradivari. Not bad?
 Well, after I left The Met I strolled down Madison Avenue for a few blocks, just enjoying a nice Passigiata down the way, and along the way passed beautifully appointed boutiques madison Avenue is famous for and at 77th and Madison, New York's Coolest most elegant hotel "The Carlyle" a luxurious hotel at its best complete with the renowned Cafe Carlyle where Bobby Short performed and held court for so many years, and my fave "Behmelman's Bar." Stop in and have a drink, "If you can afford it." Doesn't come cheap, but it's worth the Treat.




Daniel Bellino Zwicke











CARAVAGGIO
The LUTE PLAYER
Metropolitan Museum of Art





The CARLYLE
NEW YORK'S COOLEST HOTEL
     

No comments:

Post a Comment